Thursday, September 25, 2008

new blog, new music

So, I figured we might as well get this blog up and running. I have nothing too interesting to write about at the moment, but I just heard a track by a new band The Welcome Wagon, who are produced by Sufjan Stevens, and got so excited about it, that I wanted to share.

The Sufjan influence is incredibly apparent, but I think it has something that I always thought was missing in Sufjan's music...the strong lead (here bluesy) guitar parts, which when interweaved with the horn section here, sounds nothing short of awesome. I might be a fool for a good horn section, but there's something about this track that I feel as though I'll be listening to it quite a few times over the course of the day...and maybe tomorrow as well.

I am very excited for this record to come out.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is the best damn idea...I can't wait to hear what you two have to say about new stuff. I've been missing new music as of late!