The video features the streets of Baltimore (mainly areas around Hopkins undergrad campus where I
did my postbac year) and I really dig the song. They're sort of folksy, sort of indie, sort of awesome.
It's great that the Baltimore scene is really blowing up...with bands like these guys, Dan Deacon, Beach House, etc.
And, of course, lets not forget about the Wire and the Baltimore Club music it has brought to national attention.
I mean, who would have thought that Rolling Stone would name Baltimore the best Scene of 2008?
They even give a shout out to the Golden West and the best brunch ever. Fuck the Flying Biscuit or the Highland Bakery.
Yeah, I said it....Nothing touches the French Toast at the Golden West.
Nothing. And that's Baltimore for you.
2 comments:
surprisingly, the song didnt suck (except for that 30 second stretch in the middle)
Blasphemous! I challenge you to a brunch-off!!! I love Golden West Cafe (heck, I even stole their cool record-cover/menu idea to make very cute photo albums!), and I do miss my sopapilla enchiladas. But GWC's wimpy french toast doesn't stand a chance against Highland Bakery's peanut butter banana challah bread french toast!
Post a Comment